Cardinal Langley College has proudly been providing the highest quality academic and vocational education in the area for many years. The College, has seen thousands of young people progress over a history that spans 58 years. We are very proud of our students’ achievements and we have a strong ethos of ambition and aspiration which runs through all aspects of college life. We invest in our students to give them the best possible progression opportunities on to Higher Education, Higher Apprenticeships or in to employment.
As a sixth form college, our teaching is innovative and aimed at the 16-19 year group. We have very high expectations of our students and ourselves. Staff and students embrace the strong focus on ambition and aspirations at Cardinal Langley.
The curriculum offer is varied and relevant for both academic and vocational students. This means that we can tailor study programmes to suit each individual student.
At Cardinal Langley our aim is to provide an outstanding educational experience in a supportive Catholic community for every member of our sixth form community.
Come and join in our success:
- Cardinal Langley College is the college of choice for many young people in Middleton/Rochdale.
- We are in the top 25% of colleges nationally for student progress.
- The number of students achieving top grades continues to increase year on year. We have a rich heritage stretching back to 1959 and a long history of quality teaching.
- We are honoured to have been serving the Catholic community of Middleton and are proud of the achievements of many of our past students, some of whom include Paul Scholes (Manchester United), Keri-Anne Payne (Olympic Silver Medallist, Swimming), Liam Fray (Singer & Songwriter), Steve Coogan (Actor & Comedian) and Suranne Jones(Actress).
- A Level achievement is well above the national average. A huge 79% of all A Levels taken this year were graded A*-C.
- Vocational results are stunning – all courses consistently achieve a 100% pass rate.
- We offer a quality programme of courses – academic and vocational – which are relevant and tailored to each individual student to allow them to progress successfully from college.
- We offer a unique programme of support and opportunities for students outside of the classroom. The investment we make in developing the ‘whole’ person gives our students the edge when moving on.